Join 350 Maine in urging bold and urgent action from the Governor's Climate Council. The Council has until December 1, 2020 to formulate a climate action plan for the state of Maine. By law they must meet greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets including 45% reduction below 1990 levels by 2030 and at least 80% by 2050.
While we support the youth demand of 100% carbon neutrality by 2030 we are showing our support for the Administration's intent to move our state forward as fast as possible.
Please join us by signing this petition that will be delivered to the Maine Climate Council members and the seven Working Groups urging these decision makers to adopt a strong Climate Action Plan for Maine!181 signatures
Dear Climate Council and Working Group members:
We urge you to adopt a bold, new Climate Action Plan that will strengthen Maine’s economy, reduce air pollution, and build healthy, equitable communities.
In order to reduce carbon pollution by at least 80% before 2050, we urge you to support concrete action steps that:
- Expand local renewable energy projects and create new, long-lasting clean energy jobs for Maine workers;
- Deliver safe, clean, and affordable transportation options for moving people and goods throughout the state;
- Increase the energy efficiency of homes and businesses;
- Give Maine people, communities, and resource-based industries like farming, forestry, and fishing the tools to become more resilient and promote solutions that will reduce carbon pollution; and
- Ensure equity by providing solutions that are fair and accessible to all.
A strong and effective Climate Action Plan that lays out a roadmap to a clean energy economy is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a better future for Maine people.
Your contribution will help us build a strong movement to take action for climate justice in Maine. 350 Maine is only as strong as its grassroots network of volunteers and donors, so we sincerely thank you for your support!
Please consider helping to sustain our efforts with a MONTHLY DONATION. Click here to make a monthly contribution.
To give a tax-deductible donation by check: Please make the check out to our kind fiscal sponsor, Resources for Organizing and Social Change. Don't forget to write "350 Maine" in the note field! If a tax-deductible donation is not necessary, the check can be made out to 350 Maine. Mail to: 350 Maine, P.O. Box 4736, Portland, Maine 04112
Thanks to our Sponsors