|What:||Public Policy Team Meeting - June 5th|
|When:||June 05, 2013 at 6:30pm|
|Where:||Hyde Park Farm Pownal Maine|
|Map:||Google map and directions|
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:30 PM Hyde Park Farm Pownal Maine ( directions below)
Please join us for a potluck dinner followed by discussion of 350 Maine Public Policy.
We have been supporting several bills in the current legislature. It is a learning experience for all of us! In the coming months we have the opportunity to build support for our priorities – Feed in Tariff – Energy Efficiency - Tar Sands Moratorium – Divestment
Please come and add your energy, support and voice to the team.
Here’s a proposed agenda for our meeting. Certainly open to additions or deletions.
Public Policy Potluck Meeting Agenda
a) Get to know one another!
b) Purpose of committee — the YES part of the 350 Maine message
c) Legislative session review Lessons learned & future plan (very broadly framed)
d) Discuss policy approaches to solving the climate crisis
e) Decide which policies 350 Maine will consider further, e.g. feed-in tariff, divestment, etc.
f) Plan how to engage with the legislative renewable energy policy study committee
g) Next steps
Directions to Hyde Park Farm from Route 295:
Take Freeport-Durham exit 22 off Route 295, and follow Route 136 away
- Reject Keystone XL - NOW! Rallies
- Thanks for 2014 - looking forward to 2015!
- An opportunity to give thanks by taking action!
- Urgent Action Needed to Stop Keystone XL Pipeline
- Keep Your Sunny Side Up!
- Recharge and recommit
- Carbon-Cutting Pledge, Youth Organizing and a Bike Brigade Report Back
- Generation Climate Convergence, Speakers and Justice for the River!
- PCM momentum pushes divestment and more!
- Last-Minute Petitions, Assistance, and Buzz about Peoples’ Climate
- Sunday, September 21—in Auburn, in NYC, on the Phone, at the Fair, and Everywhere!
- There’s plenty goin’ on that needs our presence! Where can you show up?
- We’re holding authority accountable—on divestment, oil-by-rail, and global climate justice
- People’s Climate March in Maine as Well as New York? Yes!
- We’re making plans now for maximum future impact
- We stand united—in New York City, in trials, and in loss
- Celebrating a Big Victory and Organizing for More!
- Making progress towards tar sands and divestment goals
- Are you ready to apply pressure? Here's where!
- Walking the Talk in Greater Portland, Alberta, and Your Home Town
- Can you lead your community to stop oil by rail this July?
- Marking Some of the Ways We Act to Defend Community and Climate
- 350 Maine Supports Bowdoin Climate Action
- Auburn Oil Train Blockade: Superior Court Hearing
- Maine’s first ever faith-based, fossil fuel divestment gathering!
- Day of Action against Dirty Fuels
- Divest, Protest—and Success!
- Divestment & Climate Justice
- We want YOU to Reject & Protect - and commit to 350!
- Solar Bill LD 1252
- There's plenty to do - let's keep the momentum going!
- No fooling, things are warming up and you’re part of the solution!
- Call to action in DC as first municipality in Maine calls for divestment!
- Spring is here—time to get out and get busy!
- Tar Sands Exposed Tour Update and a whole lot more!
- LePage on global warming
- Defending Climate, Defending Communities
- Bill McKibben comments on Keystone XL
- Auburn Train Blockade
- Contact Us