Welcome to 350 Maine!
For additional information as to how you might reduce your impact during the coming holiday season, please see this link.
Be sure to take the Pledge to Simplify the holidays.
Join 350 Maine for upcoming "Road Through Paris" events, including:
- Saturday, November 28: Portland
- Sunday, November 29: Portsmouth
- Tuesday, December 1: Bangor
- Sunday, December 6: Waterville
For details regarding all of these events -- and more! -- please see our 11/25/15 Email blast here
Join us in Boston -- & as we prepare for "Jobs, Justice, Climate: Defending New England's Future".
Saturday, December 12, 1-3 p.m. Join us in Boston for the 350 New England regional event, "Jobs, Justice, Climate: Defending New England's Future", marking the close of the COP21 in Paris. Boston Common, Boston, MA. Please RSVP here: http://www.350maine.org/jobs_justice_climate (and see the Facebook Event Page here).
We certainly support optimal transportation choices to attend this event; consider:
- if you are interested in carpooling, please see this link.
- if you are interested in taking public transportation, please see these links:
- train via Amtrak.
- bus via Concord Coach: we are working to organize discounted options for individuals to travel by bus. If you are interested in being updated regarding that option, please share your contact information here.
- be in touch with Bob Klotz to travel the distance to Boston by bicycle (weather permitting)!
To support and participate in the effort, please contact Amy Eshoo.
Please see our 350 Maine Calendar for past and upcoming events in 2015.
NOTE: if you are interested in hosting a Tar Sands Healing Walk presentation in your area, please contact Lee Chisholm, Sarah Lachance or Hilary Clark. See a video of a 11/23/14 presentation in Damariscotta here.
If you are interested in hosting a presentation related to the “Clear Skies Ordinance” win in South Portland, please contact Bob Klotz.
To engage with one of our regional node groups or campaign teams, please see this link.
What is 350 Maine?
We're building a grassroots network across the state to address the crisis of climate change and a world too dependent on dirty fossil fuels.
Together, under the banner of the message and organizing model of 350.org, we're forging a path to a cleaner, more sustainable future that puts the long term health of the planet and its inhabitants above the short term profits of energy companies.
What is 350?